Our Mission and Philosophy
Robateau & Associates' mission is to provide quality, cutting-edge speech-language therapy, cognitive training,and brain enhancement services to children and adults. With highly-trained clinicians, evidence-based treatments and the latest neurological technologies, we help our clients live their best lives. At Robateau & Associates, we don’t believe in “special needs” because with the special attention we give to the brain, any man, woman, or child can show the world just how special they truly are.
Why We Succeed
Robateau & Associates in the only provider in the City of New York that:
- Is CERTIFIED in all 4 of the top brain development technologies.
- Has a representative on the Traumatic Brain Injury Council.
- Provides ONLINE content preparation for the CTP, WPPSI III,
and WISC IV AND ERB exams.
- Always employs trained clinicians instead of “tutors”
or “coaches” for deficit issues.
- Established a scholarship fund for students in
Why Robateau & Associates?
- At Robateau & Associates, we use evidence-based brain training programs to help children, adolescences and adults improve memory, attention/focus, and processing speed by training their “working memory.”
- At RA we treat students struggling with reading and math difficulties, ADD/ADHD, and speech-language disorders. We also work with “gifted” students, ensuring they continue to excel and provide science-based test-preparation for selective school placements.
- Our adult clients include those who want to gain a competitive edge at work or stay sharp and mentally stimulated as they age. We also serve adults with ADD/ADHD, mild dementia, or issues following a stroke or traumatic brain injury.
- We provide preventative treatments to those who want to decrease the effects of statins or other drug therapies, with side effects such as memory loss and swallowing difficulties. We provide baseline testing, prevention education and treatment for athletes (whether Little League or Major League) who are concerned about sports related injuries (concussion) and its affect on the brain.
- Treatment programs are custom-created to meet your needs. We offer treatment options at our office or at your home or office, using computerized online evidence-based programs.
- Lisa Robateau-Epps is a licensed and certified speech language Pathologist with 20 years of practice. She has worked in a variety of settings including private schools, hospitals, nursing homes and adult rehabilitation programs. Robateau & Associates’ philosophy about life is best summarized in the words of Santiago Ramon y Cajal, “Every man can, if he so desires, become the sculptor of his own brain.”
Robateau & Associates’ Professional Affiliations:
- Member of American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Member of the American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology and Audiology (AAPPSPA)
- Member of the American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
- Member of the Brain Injury Association of New York State (BIANYS)
- Executive Board Member -Traumatic Brain Injury Services Coordinating Council